Restoration, preservation and the reuse of historic buildings is a hallmark of our firm. We have been involved with historic preservation since 1984 and have worked on private homes, libraries, town halls, and buildings that are National Historic Landmark sites.
The Canterbury Shaker Village is a National Historic Landmark. The restaurant (seen here) was originally a blacksmith shop and ox shed that was restored to a modern interpretation of the former building.
This three-season 1920's lakeside camp was restored and renovated to include a new three bedroom addition.
Once a Masonic Hall, the Effingham Town Hall (circa 1856) suffered extensive water damage to the exterior and to the interior trompe l'oeil murals.
The intent of this award winning project was to restore a 1904 camp to its original splendor without any visible evidence of upgrading or reconfiguration.
Modifications to this 1790's farmhouse included combining three small rooms with two floor levels into one new dining room with fireplace, all in styles to complement the original building.
The previously gutted Bektash Shrine Masonic Temple became corporate space for an investment firm utilizing some of the architectural pediments and pilasters in the newly designed space.
The Belmont Mill (circa 1833) had become a fire damaged eyesore. The Belmont Historical Society challenged the planned demolition and worked to acquire grants to restore the building.
Prior to the renovations to this lakeside camp, which is more than 100 years old, was a small one-story three-season house.
Funding was secured through PlanNH to restore the building and transform it into a multi-use facility housing a daycare center, senior center, culinary school, and healthcare clinic.
The renovations included opening up the house by adding another story to the main house. The custom light fixture creates intimacy in the space.