Canterbury Shaker Village
Canterbury Shaker Village was established in 1792 when followers of founder Mother Ann Lee formed their seventh community in Canterbury, NH, which remained prominent for 200 years. The Village has operated exclusively as a museum since 1969. Having outgrown the existing restaurant space, the Village built a new facility, The Shaker Table Restaurant, on the site of a former blacksmith shop and ox shed. The Village is a National Historic Landmark due to its architectural and historical significance.